Re: Stephen Lappin, Ireland, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Stephen

Class 0780: 11c1:048c Communication controller: Agere Systems V.92 56K WinModem
      Primary PCI_id  11c1:048c
 Support type needed or chipset:	Agere.SV2P
with CPU=x86_64,

Under Linux version 2.6.22-14-generic, gcc version 4.1

>From at http://phep2.technion.ac.il/linmodems/packages/ltmodem/sv92/
get the most recent agrsm-Date.tar.gz  package.

This package has a component precompiled for 32 bit systems.  So for
intially testing, plan on booting in 32 bit mode.  This is one of the
more difficult modems, as related in the Howto in the package.  If the
modem is activated at all, we can next work on the problem of 64 bit
mode service.

Yours is our first x86_64 case for this modem hardware.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer