Re: Agrmodem , undeclared Symbols

Piggybacking Hugo's response, since for some reason I didn't get the
original email, not even in Spam folder (though I see it's in the
archive so I know it was a list mail).

> On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 20:43 -0500, Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
> > Hugo
> >
> > Just been doing some testing, without AGRmodem hardware on my system
> > The modules compile under Ubuntu 2.6.22-14-generic
> >
> > But after the
> > $ sudo depmod -a
> >  and upon attempted
> > $ sudo modprobe agrmodem
> >
> > There is
> > agrmodem: Unknown symbol agr_pci_get_irq
> >
> > I presume this doesn't appear on your System with the modem hardware present.
> > If this is the case, the agr_pci_get_irq must in some way be acquired
> > from the firmware on the modem card.

A Symbol in an object file means a function or variable name. It can't
come from hardware, only from other object files or libraries. In this
case it is in the file agrsoftmodem.o, which is compiled from
agrsoftmodem.c, but only in the suse-10-2a version of the driver. I
think you must have moved the agrmodemlib.o across versions, as you
suggested I should.
--
Joshua Crawford ... http://geocities.com/mortarn

http://www.emailcash.com.au/join.asp?refer=G84381
Emailcash - Free rewards for shopping online