Re: softmodem driver wrapper

Pepe,
Your query is out of the scope of discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
However, to close the thread, may I call your attention on the fact that no softmodem driver can handle more than ONE modem in the PC because softmodems use the CPU ! Not to talk about the CPU load which a soft modem requires.

Jacques

Pepe Aracil wrote:
Hi all.

I sent this mail to asterisk discussion list:

---
Hi.

We need a full featured modem bank 20+ to attend data calls.

IAXmodem only supports fax protocols because spandsp only support fax protocols.

The idea is to do a IAX wrapper like IAXmodem but with a full featured
(but propietary) softmodem library like PCTEL or linuxant.

I hate astribank+hardmodems solution.

Some body think that is possible?

Sorry for my horrible English.  ;)

Bye.
---

I want know what experts in softmodems drivers think about this possibility.

In theory the wrapper must provide PCM coded bidirectional sound at 16bit 8khz to the soft dsp and provide pseudo tty to let clients to send AT commands to the
driver. I'm right?

Thanks.