Re: Do I have a linux supported modem in my laptop

Juergen,

Do as scanModem instructs you to do
\begin{"]

Support type needed or chipset:	hsfmodem

Writing Intel.txt

For owners of a Dell PCs with Conexant HSF modems, a
driver source
 package
with full speed enabled is available, but requires
driver compiling.
 Read
Conexant.txt

 The hsfmodem package serves a great variety of
Conexant chipset
 modems.
 From

http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/full/downloads-ubuntu-x86.php
 download
hsfmodem_VersionSpec_k2.6.22_14_generic_ubuntu_i386.deb.zip

                           with 2.6.22_14_generic
equivalent to
2.6.22-14-generic, your kernel version.
 Under Linux unpack with:
 $ unzip hsfmodem*.zip
 Then install with:
 $ sudo dpkg -i hsfmodem*.deb
 Subsequently, the modem should be found with
 $ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
 Edit in your personal information with:
 $ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
 and try dialing out with: