Re: Which chipset identified

Lam

Try commenting out with # in /etc/wvdial.conf
LoginName and  Password lines

Then again try
$ sudo wvdial

It that doesn't work, there is there an alternative of a chatscript.
Set it up by running
$ sudo  pppconfig
Afterwards try
$ sudo pon

The configuration file will be written to /etc/chatsripts
wherein it can be edited further if necessary using
$ sudo gedit  /etc/chatscripts/default
( or similar)

MarvS