Re: Lance Gillette, USA kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Lance,

As in any software problem, there always are several solutions.
But the problem must be defined.
Which driver? Likely Linuxant HSF?
Which Web page shows 14400 ? I can only think of Linuxant HSF.
Please give me the URL of the page.
Which driver file did you download, location from which you downloaded, complete name of the file?
Why these questions?
-I know no other driver limited to 14400 bauds than the free version of the Linuxant HSF and HCF drivers. -except the same driver when downloaded FOR DELL COMPUTERS from the Dell computers support Web site.

Furthermore, do you want to know what rate you modem can potentially achieve or do you want to follow up the instant rate at any time? I know only one way to perform an accurrate one time measurement: download a large file (a few Mbytes) from a location which you know to answer quickly, accurrately measure the time with your watch: knowing the size, you know that. If you have access to a nearby computer, use scp to download a large file (or upload), scp prints the size, time and rate in real time during the transfer.

You want to start the modemd with a click instead of typing wvdial in a window? If you use Gnome (how can I know which graphics interface you use), just add a button of your choice on the taskbar associated with the command wvdial with its full path ( typing which wvdial will show the full path).

Next you will ask for just a click to stop the modem, right?
So, in Gnome, create a second button to stop the modem with command
kill -9 `ps -C wvdial -o pid=`

and if you like complications, you can do it with one toggle button starting wvdial when there is no wvdial.

Jacques

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
List,

Advise Lance