Re: Further scanModem fix

Daniel

RE:  the scanout.00:04.0 file. Is that on purpouse?
Yes!
Sometimes there are multiple candidates for a modem card, or multiple
modem cards.
One system had three different modems installed.  In addition, the
increasingly popular
High Definition Audio cards which may/maynot host a modem.  Results
for each candidate are stored in files with name convention:
scanout.PCIbusAddress

scanModem has evolved a few functional stages, to cope with the
multi-candidate complexities:
1) Analysing features which are not tightly coupled to a particular
PCIbusAddress,
including information in /proc/asound/ cogent to ALSA supported modems.
2) Identifying and listing candidate modem cards, by their  PCIbusAddress
3) For each PCIbusAddress in the list, checking the bootup diagnostics.
4) For each PCIbusAddress in the list, running
PCIbusAddress/modem_card specific analyses with results written to a
scanout.PCIbusAddress file in the format:
Feature=SomeValue
5) Reading each scanout.PCIbusAddress file and outputting the guidance
cogent to it.
The separation of 4) & 5) (which were initially combined) GREATLY
simplified the code structure and its maintenance
6) Final advice, such as completeing compiling support, which is
.PCIbusAddress independent.

MarvS

In a first stage, scanModem does diagnostics and writes a
scanout.PCIbusAddress file for each candidate card. The PCIbusAddress
like 00:04.0 is just a convenient label to distinguish the scanout.*
files representing the distinct cards.

In a 2nd stage, scanModem reads each scanout.* card and outputs
appropriate guidance in turn.