Re: Fwd: Jorge Luis,Cuba Ubuntu 7.10 kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Good
That was the other alternative.
You can now immediately if your modem works.
With slmodemd running, exactly as you did, do
sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
If wvdialconf detects the modem, you are all set with a couple of simple editing in /etc/wvdial.conf .
Jacques

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
Jorge,

My spanish is not adequate.  Please describe your problem in detail
and send to discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx , where some members can translate.
From the diagnostics
    /dev/ttySL0 -> /dev/pts/0
you seem to have properly installed and used slmodemd.
So we need detail on where your problem is.
Write in English also if possible.

MarvS