Re: PCMCIA Modem for Linux Ubuntu

Nahum

For "non-tranparent" PCMCIA bridges, scanModem would not detect a
PCMCIA card modem.

But if it is a controller chip modem, there may a successful
$ sudo wvdialconf  /etc/wvdial
of for non Ubuntu related Distros
$ su  - root
#   wvdialconf  /etc/wvdial

Also under a Microsoft, please run the Modem Diagnostics and send us
the output and driver information.  There are a few different types of
Linux competent PCMCIA cards, requiring diverse drivers

MarvS
scanModem maintainer