Re: Linmodem for Acer Aspire 1700 laptop

Russell,

Please register as  a List member at www.linmodems.org,
or ever message you send as to be cleared by a Moderator.
And do send to the List not directly to me.

Re: > error: mixer setup: attach hw:1 error: No such device
slmodemd is  a Root permissions command, so use:
$ sudo slmodemd -c AUSTRALIA  --alsa  modem:1
for Ubunutu related Distros, or otherwise
$ su - root
# slmodemd -c AUSTRALIA  --alsa  modem:1
ALso read the YourSystem.txt output by scanModem

MarvS
Traveling with a Mac for two weeks