Intel HDA, Si3054 and ALSA

    Hi,

 I have a Lenovo 3000, N100 laptop with an Intel HDA soundcard ( AD1986A chipset and Si3054
modem ) and I have been playing with slmodem-.2.11-20070813 with mixed success.

 If I run slmodem -c CANADA --alsa hw0:6 and use  dip -t  I can communicate with
the modem and I can execute AT commands like  ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
successfully but an ATO or an ATDTxxxxxxxxx returns an immediate error ( NO CARRIER ).

  Ditto if using wvdial ( with or without CarrierCheck = no ) . The init commands work
fine but dialling fails with NO CARRIER.  In addition slmodem gives a  `period size 48
is not supported by playback (64) '  error which I thought was fixed in ALSA in version
1.0.15rc3 .

 Is it possible to use the ALSA driver with this chipset ? Is there an easy fix to the period
size error ?  Are there things I need to configure on the chip itself ?  I had to tweak the
INIT_VERBs to resolve another sound problem.

                                                                       peter

----

Peter Skensved                          Email : peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dept. of Physics,