Re: Anthony Inzero, USA kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Anthony
ModemData.txt cannot identify your modem but suggests that it will work with ONE of the slmodemd or Conexant driver (supplied by Linuxant). My personal experience is that these Dell notebooks come with a Conexant driver so you should start by trying that one.

I am in a hurry. Please read again ModemData.txt; find the word Conexant; this is where you will find all that you need. Luckily you have a Dell box and therefore you can get the driver for free from the Dell support site.

Jacques

Anthony Inzero wrote:
Hello,

   I have a Dell Vostro 1500 that I can't get my modem detected on
(running Xubuntu linux [Gutsy]. Attached is the ModemData.txt file.
Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

-Anthony