Re: unable to use my Modem with Fedora 7

Zaid

 Download from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/
 the package SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz having a compiled slmodemd. Unpack
under Linux with:
 	$ tar zxf SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz
 and read instructions therein. But briefly, the modem is setup with command:
 	 slmodemd -c PAKISTAN --alsa modem:1
 reporting dynamic creation of ports:
	/dev/ttySL0 --> /dev/pts/N   , with N some number
 Read Smartlink.txt and Modem/YourSystem.txt for follow through guidance.

All the diagnostics are OK. Should work fine.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer