Re: Modem problem on Ubuntu 7.10

Dear Jacques,

Sorry i didn't give a right explanation, but i'm a really new user to linux and i dodn't no many things yet. Anyway, the problem is that the modem doesn't work when i try to make a ppp connection with /GNOME PPP, /or similar software. The log file that appears is : /WvDial<Err>: Cannot open /dev/modem: No such file or directory.

/Thanks for your response.

Tom
/

/
Jacques Goldberg wrote:
Dear Tom,

and what IS the problem ? ? ?

Jacques

Tom wrote:
Dear team,

I have an installation problem with my internal modem of an Acer Aspire 5680 Laptop.
You'll find attached the ModemData.txt resulted from the scanModem use.

Best regards,
Tom