Re: Soheil Damangir, Iran Ubuntu 6.06 LTS kernel 2.6.15-26-386

Please go to http://linmodems.technion.ac.il and click on the Iranian flag in order to use the program named scanModem

Jacques

Soheil Damangir wrote:
Hi,
I have a Lenovo X60. I have just installed ubuntu 6.06.1 LST on my
laptop. I can not install any communication device:(. According to
Lenovo product description:

Infrared (IR)

IR transceiver for wireless file and data transfer and printing.
Speeds up to 4 Mbps.
Compatible with the Infrared Data Association (IrDA) Physical Layer
Link Specification Ver. 1.1.
Sensing Distance: 1 m
Sensing Angle: + 15 degree, -15 degree horizontally
Modem

56K v.92
Available as either a single CDC card or in combination with the
Bluetooth CDC card Note: Public network download speeds are limited to
53kbps. Upload speeds are limited to 31.2kbps. Actual speeds depend on
many factors and are often less than the maximum stated.
Network

Ethernet
1Gb Ethernet soldered on system board

Wireless
Wireless upgradeable or 802.11abg wireless available as Mini PCI cards
Integrated wireless WAN and WAN-ready (select models) Note: Systems
are not Wireless upgradable in all countries.
Please help me to install my devices...