ST7554 USB Modem on Debian Etch

Hi there!

I installed the stable Debian sl-modem packages. Unfortunately, it does
not seem to support USB modems.

As far as I could work out, /etc/modprobe.d/sl-modem-daemon.modutils
does not include any commands for slusb, /etc/udev/sl-modem-daemon.rules
does not do anything at all, and the init script might need some revision.

Is this interpretation correct? If so, is anybody working on it? If not,
can somebody give me a little assistance to get things running.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Greetings,
H.L