Intel 536ep 2.6.21 wake on ring

Hi there,

I have Philippe Vouters' adjustment to the Intel driver code intel-536EP-2.56.76.0 and it works just fine for V253-style voice commands with kernel 2.6.21. However, there doesn't seem to be any code in it to support ACPI wake on ring.

Before I try to add this (pci_enable_wake() and relatives), I wondered if anyone might already know that this isn't going to work, or if there's anything I need to do with the modem itself too. The only relevant setting I can see is a debug one:

at*debug=on
at*acpi=n (n=0 or 3)

...which might be something like the number of rings before it generates a PME - but could also be anything else at all!

An alternative is a little piece of wire to the RI of the serial port on the motherboard, but that's not too pretty!

Thanks, Steve