Nitin, no sound in ubuntu

RE: My sound card is HDA VIA VT82xx and chip is Realtek ALC660-VD. I can
hear sound in win xp, but I can't hear any sound in ubuntu 7.04. What
version of alsa driver  supports this sound card and how shall I install
the driver? Waiting for your help.

Nitin,

The instructions specific to snd-hda-intel update are below.
But first you have to complete generic support for compiling,
as I described earlier.

Marvin