Re: Request for help installing linmodem

Rhodo

      Primary PCI_id  14f1:2f00
 Support type needed or chipset:        hsfmodem

For owners of a Dell PCs with Conexant HSF modems, a driver source
package with full speed enabled is available
, but requires driver compiling. Read Conexant.txt
.
http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/full/downloads.php?PHPSESSID=baa660be2a36edbf04d01d22147848c8
has aline
DPKG 	x86 	hsfmodem_7.60.00.09full_i386.deb.zip
or for Dell PCs there is a freeware package through
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-seventh/msg01830.html

.
 Under Linux unpack with:
 $ unzip hsfmodem*.zip

 Try the install with:
 $ sudo dpkg -i hsfmodem*.deb
If the install fails for lack of some FileNames.h,
get packages through http://www.debian.org/packages for
 linux-libc-dev
 libc6-dev
 libstdc++6-4.1-dev
Coinstall with:
#  dpkg -i *.deb
The retry the install.

 Subsequently, the modem should be found with
 $ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
 Edit in your personal information with:
 $ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
 and try dialing out with: