Re: problem with agere

Dennis,

Would you please instruct Devinder how to boot in 32 bit mode.  His
System is similar to yours.

After the
$ sudo slmodemd -c USA --alsa modem:1
creating the  /dev/ttySL0  --> /dev/pts/N _some_number

Open a 2nd command console or a new Tab on your current one and
$ sudo wvdialconf  /etc/wvdial.conf
should find your modem through the /dev/ttySL0

Afterward, edit in your dialout to IP info with:
$ sudo gedit  /etc/wvdial.conf
delete the leading ;
and replace on those lines the <xxxx>  blocks with your own info.
Add a final line needed for /dev/pts/N  ports
   Carrier  Check  =  no
then Save

You should now be able to dialout with:
$ sudo wvdial

You can stop wvdial in its won console with Ctrl-C
Likewise for slmodemd.

Report back presently and please copy to Devinder and the List.

MarvS