Re: Agere.DSP chipset modem

John

  Class 0780: 11c1:0449 Communication controller: Agere Systems WinModem 56k
      Primary PCI_id  11c1:0449
 Support type needed or chipset:	Agere.DSP

 The modem has a supported Lucent/Agere  Mars or Apollo DSP (digital signal
 processing) chipset. Support packages for 2.6.n kernels are at:
 http://phep2.technion.ac.il/linmodems/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/martian/

 See AgereDSP.txt for Details.

A driver package will follow, with a compiled driver.
Once you are online do
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install linux-kernel-devel
That will complete your resources to compile your own drivers next time.

MarvS

MarvS
scanModem maintainer