Re: Daniel, Argentina, PuppyLinux. Please Help me with ITU V.92

Daniel,

8086:27d8 is a High Definition Audio card, possibly hosting a soft modem.
For candidate modem in PCI bus:  00:1b.0
  Class 0403: 8086:27d8 Class 0403: 8086:27d8
     Primary PCI_id  8086:27d8
   Subsystem PCI_id  1025:0090
   Softmodem codec or Vendor from diagnostics:
                             from    Archives: 14f1, a Conexant type,

Lacking a dsp (digital signal processing) chip, the modem is a software
intensive or "softmodem" type. Its primary controller manages the traffic
with the CPU. But the software needed is specified in the Subsystem.
Support type needed or chipset:    hsfmodem

Freeware support may be available for a few Conexant chipset modems
with support confirmed only for the PCI_id chipset  14f1:2f00.
See  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=180632

Otherwise formal support for Conexant chipset modems are available ONLY through
http://www.linuxant.com/drivers.  Read Conexant.txt for details.
and Modem/YourSystem.txt for follow through guidance.  Driver speed is
limited to
14,400 until a key is purchased.  There is NO freeware alternative.
There are two support package types: hsfmodem  and hcflinmodem.
http://www.lorenzobettini.it/linux/LinuxSonyVaioVGN-S5VP_B reports a
problem and solution in stalling a key, after testing of the free low
speed download.

The hsfmodem package serves a great variety of Conexant chipset modems.
Start at  http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf for
eventually download of a hsfmodem-SomeVersion.zip  package with
SomeVersion containing your kernel_version 2.6.18.1  in the filename
if possible.
These packages have compiled drivers. Otherwise download the generic
hsfmodem-Version.tar.gz  package. Its usage will require compiling.

Read Conexant.txt

Regards,

Antonio