Re: what modem to buy?

 Janez,

As Webmaster of http://linmodems.technion.ac.il which is NOT "linmodems.org", I wish to make it clear that I will veto any attempt to recommend or reject modems in Web pages. Indeed, because the site is part if an academic Institution, it HAS to be free from any commercial implication. Information, yes. "Advertising", no.

 Sure enough it contains a sort of replica of the discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
discussion list where people are free to give their opinions - but then it comes from the author of the message, not from the site.

 Jacques

Re. Linuxant: why don't the authors of vitriolic calls to boycott xyz, and more generally of flaming this or that, waste their time writing their prose rather than writing software to make their modems work?

janez.zemva@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Unlike linuxprinting.org linmodems.org does not suggest any linux-friendly
modems to buy. From reading the driver list I've formed an opinion that
Conexant modem are the best to buy, because of Linuxant's (unfree) drivers,
but there are vitriolic calls to boycott Conexant on the inet.
Side question:
Does the Intel537EP driver support sending/receiving/connecting to faxes?
How about drivers for other chipsets?