Re: Reliance LG LSP 350R model, India, Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS kernel 2.6.15-26-386

--- Prashant Kumar Gupta
<gupta.prashantkumar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Antonio
>
> Thanks for looking into the problem.
>
> But as i said previously my system is not detecting
> another modem
> which is my WLL phone connected to the system
> through a USB cable. It
> is working fine on windows but it is  not working on
> ubuntu. Any help
> in this regard will be helpful to me.

Ok, sorry I just saw PCTEL and did not read that you
had another modem connected to the system using a usb
cable.

Why do you not send the output of
# lsusb

and also if you have any instruction to the

rconnect-cmdline1.0.tar
file that you mention.

Regards,

Antonio

> [...]
> and i
> > > don't plan to change it.
> > >
> > > Earlier reliance has provided the drivers for
> > > different models like
> > > LSP 340e, LSP 250 etc. of the same company i.e.
> LG.
> > > I am also
> > > providing those drivers which were provided by
> > > reliance to connect to
> > > internet using LINUX. may be it will be helpful
> > > u. The file is tar
> > > file named rconnect-cmdline1.0.tar
> > >

> > > Any help in this matter would be much
> > > appreciated.Thanks in
> > > advance.Here r the contents of ModemData.txt:-

> > >  Only plain text email is forwarded by the
> > > DISCUSS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx List Server.
> > >  Do use the following as the email Subject Line:
> > >            SomeName, YourCountry Ubuntu 6.06.1
> LTS
> > > kernel 2.6.15-26-386
> > >  This will alert cogent experts, and
> distinguish
> > > cases in the Archives.
> > >  YourCountry will enable Country Code guidance.
> > >  Occassionally responses are blocked by an
> Internet
> > > Provider mail filters.
> > >  So in a day, also check the Archived responses
> at
> > > http://www.linmodems.org .
> > >  Local Linux experts can be found through:
> > > http://www.linux.org/groups/index.html
> > > --------------------------  System information
> > > ----------------------------
> > > CPU=i686,  Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS
> > > Linux version 2.6.15-26-386 (buildd@terranova)
> (gcc
> > > version 4.0.3
> > > (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)) #1 PREEMPT Thu Aug 3
> > > 02:52:00 UTC 2006
> > >  scanModem update of:  2007_March_15
> > >

> > > USB modem not detected by lsusb
> > >
> > > Modem or host audio card candidates have
> firmware
> > > information:
> > >
> > >  PCI slot     PCI ID          SubsystemID
> Name
> > >  ----------   ---------       ---------
> --------------
> > >  0000:01:0e.0 134d:7897       134d:0001
> Communication
> > > controller: PCTel Inc
> > > HSP MicroModem 56
> > >
> > >  Modem interrupt assignment and sharing:
> > >
> > >  --- Bootup diagnositcs for card in PCI slot
> > > 0000:01:0e.0 ----
> > >
> > >  === Finished modem firmware and bootup
> diagnostics
> > > section. ===
> > >  === Next deducing cogent software ===
> > >
> > >  For candidate modem in PCI bus:  0000:01:0e.0
> > >    Class 0780: 134d:7897 Communication
> controller:
> > > PCTel Inc HSP MicroModem 56
> > >       Primary PCI_id  134d:7897
> > >  Support type needed or chipset:      PCTEL
> > >

> > >     At
> http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/pctel-linux
> > >  Get the pctel-0.9.7-9-rht-7.tar.gz
> > >  Unpack under Linux with:
> > >     tar zxf pctel*.tar.gz
> > >  and read instuctions therein.
> > >   Read Pctel.txt and Modem/YourSystem.txt for

=== message truncated ===