May CONFIG_4KSTACK be the problem for crashing?

Hi all,

I have a linuxant driver running on openSuSE 10.2. I use it
for the Trust USB 56K modem that I have connected to my Asus
laptop.
Trouble is, after sometime connected to the internet (via
Kintenet), sooner or later it crashed (i.e. frozen desktop).

Somewhere I have read that this happens because of the
CONFIG_4KSTACK kernel option set up. A 4Kb-stack is simply
not enough for the linuxant driver.

Are you aware of such fact?... That is, is this the real
trouble? And if so, how can I set it up correctly on SuSE?

Thanx for any help of yours

Alessandro