Re: Marco problem modem Ubuntu 5.10 "Breezy Badger" kernel 2.6.12-9-386

Marvo

for
  Class 0703: 8086:266d Modem: Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW
     Primary PCI_id  8086:266d
   Subsystem PCI_id  1025:006a
   Softmodem codec or Vendor from diagnostics: CXT23, a Conexant type,
                             from    Archives: CXT, a Conexant type

Follow the directions in ModemData.txt beginning with:
Formal support for Conexant chipset modems are available ONLY through
http://www.linuxant.com/drivers.  Read Conexant.txt for details.

Badger is dated at this time.  If you can get/burn a Ubuntu Edgy CD
and rerun the install , there will be more complete hardware support.
The modem guidance will remain the same.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer