Re: farooq,pakistan Ubuntu 6.10 kernel 2.6.17-10-generic

Muhammad,

I am a simple "user" of the linmodems discussion list, so I am redirecting
this message to the list address (discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx).

However, based on my short experience of the past days, I can provide a
first indication, the maintainers will correct me.

- Generally it is better to use the latest version of scanModem, on the
site there is at least a newer one, and if you can download and run it
again.
It could be advisable to rename the Modem directory each time, so that you
have a history of your tests.

- You should look at the section below "Possible corrections are" in your
Modemdata.TXT file.
There you take option 1), execute it, then run scanModem.

- If the interrupt issue was solved, you should find more information and
also new instructions to follow.

- If you see the same interrupt error then go to option 2a), execute it,
then run scanModem.
Examine the Modemdata output and go on (with the other options) as required
until the interrupt is OK.

- At last you can send to the discussion list a mail with description and
the results of the instructions that scanModem gave to set up the modem.

This is my only knowledge so far. Hope it helps.

Regards
Antonio

                      muhammad farooq
                      <farooq3k@yahoo.         To:      olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx, upport@xxxxxxxxxxxx, arinaldi@xxxxxxx
                      com>                     cc:
                                               Subject: farooq,pakistan Ubuntu 6.10 kernel 2.6.17-10-generic
                      14/03/2007 14:34

hi all ;i run the scanmodem, and Modemdata.TXT  indicate the following IRQ
error please helpme.

CPU=i686,  Ubuntu 6.10
Linux version 2.6.17-10-generic (root@vernadsky) (gcc version 4.1.2
20060928 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.1-13ubuntu5)) #2 SMP Fri Oct 13 18:45:35
UTC 2006 (Ubuntu 2.6.17-10.33-generic)
 scanModem update of:  2007_Feb_21

USB modem not detected by lsusb

Modem or host audio card candidates have firmware information:

 PCI slot    PCI ID        SubsystemID    Name
 ----------    ---------    ---------    --------------
 00:0c.0    e159:0001    8086:0003    Communication controller: Tiger Jet
Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface

 Modem interrupt assignment and sharing:

 --- Bootup diagnositcs for card in PCI slot 00:0c.0 ----

 === Finished modem firmware and bootup diagnostics section. ===
 === Next deducing cogent software ===

===================================
 The modem interrupt (IRQ) is 255 . IRQs of 0 or 255 are not functional!!
 The CPU cannot control the modem until this situation is corrected!!
 Possible corrections are:
   1) Within the boot up BIOS, change from a Windows to a non-PNP/Other
Operating System type.
   Instructions for accessing BIOS are at:
      http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/resources.html within:  Additional
Resourcces.
   2a) Add an option "pci=routeirq" to the kernel boot up line.
      Here is an example paragraph from  /boot/grub/menu.lst :
    title           Ubuntu, kernel 2.6.15-26-686
    root            (hd0,6)
    kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.15-26-686 root=/dev/hda7 ro
pci=routeirq
    initrd          /boot/initrd.img-2.6.15-26-686
    savedefault
   2b) Same as above, but use "pollirq" instead of "pci=routeirq".
   3) Within some BIOS setups, IRQ assignments can be changed.
   4) On non-laptop systems, moving the modem card to another slot has
helped.
   5) Sometimes upgrading the kernel changes IRQ assignment.

 For candidate modem in PCI bus:  00:0c.0
   Class 0780: e159:0001 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc.
Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface
      Primary PCI_id  e159:0001
 Support type needed or chipset:    INTEL537

 Get your own web address.