Is Trendnet TFM-560U supported ?

Hi,

I would be grateful if someone could clarify if the
Trendnet TFM-560U usb modem is supported.

The modems database lists this modem as being supported
by the smarlink modem driver. It is show at the bottom
of the page at http://64.126.95.102:8080/gromitkc/usblist.html

However there are two versions of this modem. The
older one, Version A1
http://www.trendnet.com/en/products/TFM-560U.htm
and the newer one, Version B1
http://www.trendnet.com/products/TFM-560U.htm

I suspect the modems database entry which is quite old
refers to the older one.

Trendnet support staff informed me that the chipset for
this modem is Agere SV92U2. I presume they are referring
to the newer (version B1).

I was able to google and find a Creatix CX610 softmodem
that uses the same chipset and claims to be supported
by linux
http://www.creatix.de/produkte/modems/datenblatt/CTX610_Vx.pdf

PS: I don't have the modem available with me so can not
test it. I wanted to ensure compatibility before I buy.
I am looking for a small portable modem for my laptop that
has open source drivers. Are there any such usb pen drive
modems supported by linux ?

sincerely
B Thomas