Re: AdrianG United Kingdom. Xubuntu 6.10 kernel 2.6.17-10-generic - follow up

Adrian,

Not having found Nework Manager to be reliable with winmodems. I don't use it.
Just use wvdial instead. It is much more transparent.  Once the driver
is loaded:

$ sudo wvdialconf   /etc/wvdial.conf
to assess if the modem is detected. If so edit with
$ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
and dialout with:
$ sudo wvdial

MarvS