[Fwd: Intel Modem] FOR INFORMATION

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Intel Modem
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:14:26 -0800
From: Gerry & Marion Stannett <gamstan1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Jacques.Goldberg@xxxxxxx

Hi Jacques,
Thank you for your prompt response.
To be sure that I had no false entries or driver screw ups, I restored
Kubuntu and started with a fresh install.  I downloaded the driver from
the link you supplied intel-536EP-2.56.76.0_19_01_2007.tgz
(which by the way was different to the version that I obtained from Intel )
I followed your instructions implicitly and the driver installed.
That is to say, it went in with all the commands.
However during the installation this text appeared
"WARNING ! could not find
./home/gerry/intel-536EP-2.56.76.0/coredriv/.536 core.lib.cmd
But the output produced was correct after typing
make clean
and after that readout by typing
make 536
I confirmed the installation with /sbin/lsmod and it displayed the
driver details.
When I typed sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf  it reported:
" Sorry, no modem was detected ! Is it in use by another programme? Did
you configure it properly with setserial ?"
I'm unable to obtain any response with setserial with any type of
command and have stopped at this point so as not to create any
conflicts. It reports " command not found" no matter what I type.
I ran scan modem and ModemData.text produced an identical read out to my
previous email.
I hope this throws some light on the situation, I will refrain from
tinkering with anything until I hear from you again.
Thank you
Gerry