From: "Marvin Stodolsky" <marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Matthew Brinkerhff" <mbbrinker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: DISCUSS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: No Carrier error after suspend, USA Ubuntu 6.10 kernel 2.6.17-10-generic
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:44:56 -0500

Matt

RE: Phone = 494-4075
Try instead:
Phone = 4944075

On 2/7/07, Matthew Brinkerhff <mbbrinker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have Ubuntu 6.10 on a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop. After some configuration, the internal modem mostly works using ALSA drivers and the smartlink daemon
from the Ubuntu repositories.

While the modem works well upon startup, it fails to connect to the Internet after I suspend or hibernate the system. Wvdialconf still detects the modem fine. "$ sudo wvdial" begins the connection process, but brings back a "No Carrier" error and goes into an endless "Trying again" loop until I kill it
with ctl-c.

I assume something just needs to be re-loaded, but don't know what.
Rebooting fixes the problem, but is not ideal.

I have looked all over for a solution but have as yet been unsuccessful.

I have attached three files:
1) my ModemData.txt
2) my wvdial.conf
3) the log from wvdial when I attempt to connect after suspending or
hibernating the system.

Any help or guidance about where to look for answers would be appreciated.

Thanks:
Matt

FREE online classifieds from Windows Live Expo â&#8364;&#8220; buy and sell with people
you know
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwex0010000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://expo.live.com?s_cid=Hotmail_tagline_12/06

FREE online classifieds from Windows Live Expo ? buy and sell with people you know http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwex0010000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://expo.live.com?s_cid=Hotmail_tagline_12/06