Re: rjefferey, USA Ubuntu 6.10, 2.6.17-10-generic

Jacques,

  I definitely have patients today, it's a lazy day
around my homestead. The ol' lady is just sitting
around waiting for her football game to start and I'm
waiting for the game snacks. Her mother in Illinois
had a place called Portillos from Naperville send us
some very tasty hot dogs. Hope you're having a good
one too. Thanks for all the help.

RJ

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/Ubuntu
> > and downloaded:
> > slamr-2.6.17-10-generic.tar.gz
> >
> > Then I did this:
> >
> > rob@rob-desktop:~$ cd misc
> > rob@rob-desktop:~/misc$ ls
> > Modem  NDS~  scanModem
> slamr-2.6.17-10-generic.tar.gz
> > rob@rob-desktop:~/misc$ tar slamr*.tar.gz
> > tar: Old option `g' requires an argument.
> > Try `tar --help' or `tar --usage' for more
> > information.
> > rob@rob-desktop:~/misc$ tar zxf slamr*.tar.gz
> > rob@rob-desktop:~/misc$ ls
> > Modem  NDS~  scanModem  slamr-2.6.17-10-generic
> > slamr-2.6.17-10-generic.tar.gz
> > rob@rob-desktop:~/misc$ cd slamr-2.6.27-10-generic
> > bash: cd: slamr-2.6.27-10-generic: No such file or
> > directory
> > rob@rob-desktop:~/misc$ cd slamr-2.6.17-10-generic
> > rob@rob-desktop:~/misc/slamr-2.6.17-10-generic$ ls
> > 1st_Read.txt

sl-modem-daemon_2.9.10+2.9.9d+e-pre2-5build1_i386.deb
> > CountryList.txt  slusb.ko
> > setup            ungrab-winmodem.ko
> > slamr.ko         unloading
> > slmodemd         wvdial.txt
> > rob@rob-desktop:~/misc/slamr-2.6.17-10-generic$
> sudo
> > ./setup
> > Password:
> > When asked about your country, Enter:
> >         USA
> >
> > Installing the Debian packages supporting
> autoloading
> > Selecting previously deselected package
> > sl-modem-daemon.
> > (Reading database ... 88231 files and directories
> > currently installed.)
> > Unpacking sl-modem-daemon (from

sl-modem-daemon_2.9.10+2.9.9d+e-pre2-5build1_i386.deb)
> > Setting up sl-modem-daemon
> > (2.9.10+2.9.9d+e-pre2-5build1) ...
> > FATAL: Module ungrab_winmodem not found.
> > FATAL: Module slamr not found.
> > Starting SmartLink Modem driver for: auto.
> > Creating /dev/modem symlink, pointing to:
> /dev/ttySL0.
> >

> > Copying over newer files
> > cp: cannot stat `sl-modem-daemon.modutils': No
> such
> > file or directory
> > Making folder /lib/modules/2.6.17-10-generic/extra
> > Copying drivers to
> > /lib/modules/2.6.17-10-generic/extra
> > Checking driver install
> > slamr.ko  slusb.ko  ungrab-winmodem.ko
> > Finished installs.
> > Informing the System
> >
> > Starting function tests, loading drivers:
> > FATAL: Error inserting ungrab_winmodem

(/lib/modules/2.6.17-10-generic/extra/ungrab-winmodem.ko):

It's here! Your new message!