Re: Phil USA pclinuxos Linux release 2006 (Texstar) for i586 Kernel 2.6.16.27.tex1.lve on an i686 / kernel 2.6.16.27.tex1.lve

On Monday 29 January 2007 23:31, Fyl Beall wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> This installation looks like it's installing the drivers and finding the
> modem ok but when I try to configure an internet connection it only gives
> me serial port options. It does not seem to find the PCI modem.
>

> Thanks for being willing to help!
>
> Phil

For PCLinuxOS, modem connection should be configured through KPPP and not PCC.
Moreover you may have a problem that ttyS_PCTEL0 is not one of the connection
options in KPPP. If that is the case (and a symbolic link of /dev/modem, is
not automatically created) then create a symbolic link, or just rename
ttyS_PCTEL0 as "modem".

Have you tried dialing out using wvdial? Wvdial is much more robust (IMO) and
has much better options. Once wvdial succesfully connects to the net, you can
use those options for KPPP and try again.

Hope that helped.

--
Syed