Re: David Weitz, USA

WF

Under SUSE LINUX 10.0 (i586) - Kernel
Linux version 2.6.13-15.12-default

with modem
  Class 0703: 8086:24c6 Modem: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM
     Primary PCI_id  8086:24c6
   Subsystem PCI_id  1025:003d
   Softmodem codec or Vendor from diagnostics:
                             from    Archives: SIL27, an AgereSystems type.

The archival record recommends:
Download from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/
the package SLMODEMD.gcc4.tar.gz having a compiled slmodemd. Unpack
under Linux with:
	$ tar zxf SLMODEMD.gcc4.tar.gz
and read instructions therein. But briefly, the modem is setup with command:
	 slmodemd -c USA  --alsa modem:1
reporting dynamic creation of ports:
	/dev/ttySL0 --> /dev/pts/N   , with N some number
Read Smartlink.txt and Modem/YourSystem.txt for follow through guidance.

However the absence of a further diagnostic ouput indicates that there
may be some trouble. If so report back with the faliure info.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer