From: Marvin Stodolsky [mailto:marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 10:35 AM
To: cattz@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Which PCI voice / fax modem to get.

Cat,

For fax service, you should not rely on a winmodem, but get one of the
"hardware"/controller chipset modems, which are a bit more expensive
than the winmodems.  But their serial like drivers are in every Linux
release.

Search the Internet for 3CXM556 and/or  FM560LK chipsets to find modem
cards having them.

MarvS