Re: Lajos, Hungary...

Hi Marvin,

yust to let you know, the information from my system is:

Codec: Generic 11c1 Si3054
Address: 1
Vendor Id: 0x11c13026
Subsystem Id: 0x11c13026
Revision Id: 0x100600

It's a real Si3054, and not a misidentification as in Lajos case. And I get
exactly the same error from the newest alsa driver as he.

My alsa is configured as:

Sound Driver:3.8.1a-980706 (ALSA v1.0.13 emulation code)
Kernel: Linux XXXX 2.6.15.4-default #15 Mon Apr 24 17:34:51 CEST 2006 i686
Config options: 0

Installed drivers:
Type 10: ALSA emulation

Card config:
HDA Intel at 0xb0000000 irq 177

Audio devices:
0: ALC260 Analog (DUPLEX)

Synth devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG

Midi devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG

Timers:
7: system timer

Mixers:
0: Realtek ALC260

Looking at the tar file that you send me, It looks very much as the is a real
misidetification now. The file /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 shows the modem
information, but /proc/asound/card0/pcm6c/info tells that subdevice 6 is the
modem ??? So hw:0,6 should be the right parameter for slmodemd???

I gues that Lajos system is a bit messed up. If you install a precompiled
kernel and its configured source (including alsa drivers), the alsa headers
are in the include directory of the kernel. I'm not sure what the compiler
will take, if you now compile tha alsa driver outside the kernel.It might
take the headers from the kernel directory, not its own ones!
So it's generaly a good idea in such a case first to install a vanilla kernel.

Got you other mail. So I will take a look tonight at the problem. Anyhow I
need to find out why I can not update my system to a recent Kernel. Does'nt
load some modules at boot time (network, mouse etc.)

Will also have a look at the alsa code.

Joern