FC6/intel537EP connect+ system connect/verizon connect

With great help from Mr. Stodolsky, I got the intel537EP to connect in an FC6 OS. I found that with the verizon dial-up, I had to enter user name 'smith' as VZ/smith
in the wvdial.conf file.

After getting the dial-up connection to authenticate, there are additional steps to get the web browser to recognize this- nearly as I can tell. Following advice in an old RH4 linux reference, I checked the files /etc/host.conf and /etc/resolv.conf

The host.conf was correct:
order hosts,bind
multi on

However, the resolv.conf was empty, and had to be changed, needing at least two lines:

search
nameserver 198.6.100.150

where the numbers are the primary DNS address, which I retrieved from the log of the wvdial connect. several 'nameserver ' lines may be entered. I wonder if 'incoming.verizon.net' and outgoing.verizon.net might have been entered, but have not tried since the DNS address seemed to work. I did enter the incoming/outgoing addresses in configuring the email under the server entry, and- it works.

Hope that this will be helpful, and that a more knowledgeable soul will edit /annotate these comments to make them-correct.