Re: [Fwd: Re: AC 97 modem hang up]

On 1/7/07, Jacques Goldberg <Jacques.Goldberg@xxxxxxx> wrote:
SOLVED!
I have followed this:
http://caccolangrifata.wordpress.com/2006/11/29/ubuntu-e-il-modem-2/
and the problem seems solved with comment out those 2 lines in
/etc/ppp/options and adding the third:

#lcp-echo-interval 30
#lcp-echo-failure 4
replacedefaultroute

I noticed this post about disconnects, which I also have occasionally
when using the slmodemd (in my case, with the usb modem).  Here, if I
comment out the lcp-echo's and add replacedefaultroute, and the ISP
hangs up (which can be simulated by unplugging the modem), then it
never detects the disconnect.  I don't understand spanish .. could you
translate the referenced page so we can understand what the
instructions are trying to accomplish?

Secondly, what is the purpose of asyncmap a0000 instead of asyncmap 0?

thanks,