weekly status update 11 (July 16 - 23)

HI,

This is my gsoc weekly status update for improving user experience around windows. Sorry for the late update this week as I had to go out a lot this week.

I am currently trying to store individual window states inside each document. Since saved rdf graphs and statements are lost upon closing the document, I tried to look around the XStorage interface and implementations. They doesn't seem to be the solution since the document only inherits the XStorable interface and storing data for each document in the disk storage requires a cleaning mechanism for unavailable documents.

In another approach which uses the DocumentProperties service, I couldn't add a new attribute and get/set methods for the new attribute since the compiler is saying we can't add new attributes to a published interface. However, as a test, saving the window state in the existing method set/get Author, was successful and it correctly remembers the window state for each document upon closing/reopening. However, it still requires saving the document again  for the attribute to get persistently saved which is undesired behaviour. In the next week, I will have to try to save the window state without requiring the document to save. Maybe also a new class if changes are not permitted in the published interface.

Best Regards,

Aung