Re: [a11y] LibreOffice Calc exposes 2^31 children, freezes on `GetChildren`

Hi Michael,

On 2024-07-02 16:46, Michael Meeks wrote:
As mentioned above: If you're aware of major issues regarding support for APIs use cases for the focused widget, please don't hesitate to mention them so they can be taken into account.

     I occasionally browse:

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=101912&hide_resolved=1

    Which suggests there is no shortage of good things to do around the focused accessible peer. eg. "Formatted cell text is not exposed to ATs" =)

That one (tdf#115335 - "Formatted cell text is not exposed to assistive technologies") is indeed a good example and I'll try to get to that at some point before the LO 25.2 release.

     I expect there is a lot of lowish hanging fruit still; is there not ?

That depends on the definition of "lowish". :-)

Naturally, once the issues with the apparently most straightforward fixes are addressed, everything else seems a bit less low hanging.

But the truth is that with our codebase, this is often hard to tell without doing an actual initial analysis of the individual issues, and my plan is to keep doing that.

Regards,
Michael