Re: Error Compiling LibreOffice Core on Debian 12 - x64

Hi Michael, hi all,

excuse for the late answer, but I had to made a lot of edits and tests
to get to a successful build and later to a successful Docker image. In
addition the build inside a virtual machine took a lot of time for every
new test circle.

Am 25.03.24 um 09:51 schrieb Michael Weghorn:
On 2024-03-24 00:17, Andreas Mantke wrote:
I try to compile LibreOffice core on Debian 12 -x64 but the process
ended with an error.

Here the messages in the shell at the end of the build process:

[MOD] unoxml
/builddir/core/filter/source/graphicfilter/icgm/cgmtypes.hxx:108:
warning: type ‘LineType’ violates the C++ One Definition Rule [-Wodr]
   108 | enum LineType           { LT_SOLID = 1, LT_DASH = 2, LT_DOT =
3, LT_DASHDOT = 4, LT_DASHDOTDOT = 5,     // Standard

/builddir/core/vcl/inc/regband.hxx:47: note: an enum with different
value name is defined in another translation unit
    47 | enum class LineType { Ascending, Descending };

/builddir/core/filter/source/graphicfilter/icgm/cgmtypes.hxx:108: note:
name ‘LT_SOLID’ differs from name ‘Ascending’ defined in another
translation unit
   108 | enum LineType           { LT_SOLID = 1, LT_DASH = 2, LT_DOT =
3, LT_DASHDOT = 4, LT_DASHDOTDOT = 5,     // Standard

/builddir/core/vcl/inc/regband.hxx:47: note: mismatching definition
    47 | enum class LineType { Ascending, Descending };

g++: fatal error: Getötet signal terminated program lto1
compilation terminated.
lto-wrapper: fatal error: /usr/bin/g++ returned 1 exit status
compilation terminated.
/usr/bin/ld: error: lto-wrapper failed
make[1]: *** [/builddir/core/Library_merged.mk:11:
/builddir/core/instdir/program/libmergedlo.so] Fehler 1
make: *** [Makefile:290: build] Fehler 2

I tried in parallel with a build on openSUSE 15.5 -x64 and the build of
LibreOffice  core was successful.

Any hints about a workaround or fix?

Renaming one of the enums could be one approach, e.g. the one defined
in vcl/inc/regband.hxx to something like "RegionBandLineType".  (Just
a first thought when skimming over the file, I don't otherwise know
the involved code.)

I made this edits inside the git clone on the Debian 12 -x64 install and
that fixed that problem. But I got another one and the build was again
not successful.

Thus I created a new Debian 12 environment on Virtualbox and started
again from scratch. I installed the packages mentioned on our wiki page
for building on Debian.
This time the build process finished successful after some hours. I used
no special options for this build process. I run ./autogen.sh and then
make, without any changes on the source code.

I then tested a build with the option '--with-distro=LibreOfficeOnline'
but that didn't work.
I also tried to build with the option '--with-distro=CPLinux-LOKit', but
that gave some errors.
I had to evaluate every option in the latter configuration file
(proposed from Collabora Productivity for a build) and see if the build
got done. I stumbled over some build options that were not available in
LibreOffice core. It seemed they were only implemented in a fork of
LibreOffice but never made it upstream, e.g. '--enable-noto-font',
'--disable-ext-ct2n'. Maybe something to dig into a bit deeper.

Then there are some options which didn't work my git clone on Debian 12:
'--enable-cairo-rgba', '--without-system-cairo', '--disable-gui',
'--enable-mergelibs'  and '--enable-lto'. Maybe also something to
investigate more in depth once I had some free cycles again.

If I disable all this options above I could successfully build
LibreOffice again.

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Free Software Advocate
## Free Online Office (LibreOffice Technology):