Re: ESC meeting minutes: 2024-03-07

Hi Stephan,

On Fri, Mar 08, 2024 at 12:46:47PM +0100, Stephan Bergmann <stephan.bergmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there any documentation, or anybody able to explain at an adequate level,
> what is taken into consideration when making those decisions?
>
> Wondering when I see Gerrit changes like
> <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/164554> "Add Embind'ing of UNO Any
> getter for interfaces", which didn't touch any file that would actually be
> used by any of the <https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/gerrit_master_ml/>
> builds, nevertheless getting channeled through the sequential build.

My understanding is that it simply looks at what files are touched by
the gerrit change, has knowledge of what was the 'touched files -> build
result' connection in the past and tries to guess based on that.

And your particular case might be what Cloph mentioned that currently
the decision is pessimistic and hence need to re-train it, or it's not
useful.

Cloph: do we have the code for this on gerrit somewhere? It would be
good verify if my assumption is indeed correct.

Thanks,

Miklos