Re: VCL selection

On 2024-03-07 09:33, Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Wed, 2024-03-06 at 21:58 +0000, Gwyn Ciesla wrote:
Interesting. Would you recommend waiting to set gtk4 as default, or
would doing so spur correction of extant issues?

I don't really know. I'm not actively working on it anymore. IMO the
a11y issues are more of an upstream gtk issue in the sense of a lack of
a route to complete a11y integration, Michael Weghorn has far more of a
grasp of the current state of that.

For gtk4 a11y, as Caolán mentioned, this currently lacks upstream Gtk API to implement what's needed, see for example the discussion in these Gtk issues:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/6272
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/6204
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/6269
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/6197

The latter mentions a potential approach (in my perspective this would feel more like a workaround ) to implement the low-level platform a11y API (AT-SPI) directly in LO for things like the document content instead of using (non-existing) Gtk API, but there are open questions for that approach also.