Re: Help on toolbars

Hi Regina

Thank you for looking at.

On 2/29/24 14:57, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi Olivier,

I have tested what happens, when you go to an icon in the toolbar via F6 and then tabs. When you are on an icon and then press F1, the help system gets e.g. .HelpId:textobjectbar or .HelpId:standardbar. But there exists no corresponding page and a 404 is shown.

Kind regards,
Regina

So this is a half-way solution. Something is sent, but no specific target.

I also tried the other UIs. If we set the notebook bar active, then F1 on a icon sends another bookmark based on the notebookbar.ui internals. For example, pressing F1 on Copy command in Home tab of the Calc module sends this bookmark:

"modules/scalc/ui/notebookbar/LineB7"

So, nothing related mnemonically to .uno:Copy.

You can imagine how hard it will be to map all these bookmarks to the proper Help page. An automatic approach seems needed: For a given uno command, what toolbar/menu/shortcut/UI/ has it.

Kind regards
--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator