Re: compression force for zip and ODF files in the installation archives

Hi Thorsten.

I mean there is no benefit for half compression force.> Oh, there's certainly a benefit going with the default - it is> considered a sweet spot between achieving reasonable compressionn,> while not being excessively slow.
I mean we can accept a slow compression while building the files. Next the multiple decompression will have the same speed whatever the compression force is (just slightly more memory). It would reduce the installed size for the millions downloads each version has :

https://stats.documentfoundation.org/downloads#month,version

Of course, in general nothing against having that configurable in some
ways, perhaps as a hidden config option. Would you be interested
implementing that?

I have no time before a few months.

Regards.