building on Windows

Hi,

I have set up a build on Windows, following your guides. LO is built
correctly without errors and can be invoked from instdir.

But I am still confused about the LODE set up.

To build LO on windows you have to install Visual Studio with several
options about C++ and .NET Framework.

To build you have to set up cygwin.

You can use VS as an IDE. But this is not for building, only as an
extended text editor which is providing syntax highlightning and text
expansion and so on. But why is VS needed then for the build process
(except .NET Framework)? Since g++ is used for compiling, why are some
parts of MVCS are needed?

LO has some dependencies on .NET Framework. Why is not Mono used which
is crossplatform and also open source ?

Before I start digging into the code I want to understand some
dependencies, the build process and other more common subjects about the
project.

Joachim