Re: Odd setup.ini and version.ini content on Windows

On 1/15/24 11:29, Mike Kaganski wrote:
On 1/15/2024 2:41 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
"At least on Windows, our MSI install sets differ from our archive install sets in that their program/setup.ini and program/version.ini files have differing content:  For one, they have ProductCode, UpdateCode, and MsiProductVersion (the latter only in version.ini) lines that have empty values in archive install sets and non-empty values in MSI install sets.

Maybe I am wrong here, and confuse things - but I have some vague memory that one of these (or some different?) values was used at startup time, to check against the "last run version" in usermodifications, to initiate things like extensions compatibility check.

You probably mean org.openoffice.Setup/Office/LastCompatibilityCheckID, checked in function impl_needsCompatCheck in desktop/source/app/check_ext_deps.cxx. But that is checked against the version.ini buildid, which I'm leaving alone here.