Re: questions regarding of-pie chart work

Hi Kurt,

On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 01:29:52AM +0000, Kurt Nordback <kurt.nordback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - I've implemented OOXML import/export, but not ODF import/export because ODF doesn't support of-pie charts. The spec [19.15] does say: "Additional chart types may be supported by using a different namespace." But I'm not sure what that really means. Are there examples of this already?

There are standard namespace aliases in ODF, like text: or style:. You
can use loext: as a namespace that is intentionally not in the official
spec but is an LO extension.

See here for more info:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ODF_Implementer_Notes

> - I made various UI choices that may not be best. For instance, I added pie-of-pie and bar-of-pie as subtypes of pie in the chart selection matrix (widening it to 6 columns). It might be preferable to keep of-pie as a different chart type (adding a row instead of two columns). I also made arbitrary decisions about sizes and separation of the two chart parts in the rendering. It appears there's a UI group that meets. Are these choices the kind of things that could be put on their agenda?

Heiko leads that, and you can just mail design@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if
you want design input, see: