Outreachy 2 weeks project progress

Hi all,
I am currently working on the project "Sidebar deck for quick find". It's been two weeks since I started my internship here, and I'd like to update the community about my progress till now. My very first step was to create a UI for QuickFind using Glade. Initially, I faced challenges operating Glade on Windows. Fortunately, Heiko, my mentor, helped me by demonstrating how Glade works on Linux. I promptly installed VirtualBox to run Glade on Linux, and I was able to create the UI in a short amount of time.

Next, let's talk about the stage where I had to add the 'Find Deck' option to the sidebar and its corresponding panel. This step took some time from adding the panel and deck entry in sidebar.xcu file and SwPanelFactory to achieve a successful build. During this task, Jim Raykowski, my mentor, cooperated with me so effectively that by the end of the second week, I was able to accomplish that goal. I appreciate Jim's assistance in making this task a success.

Thank you!

Regards,

Khushi