Re: Orcus 0.19.0, Apache Arrow and CMake

On 9/28/23 21:16, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
As an aside, if someone wants to try out this experimental parquet import filter, one can build orcus independently with --with-parquet-filter passed to configure after also having built the apache arrow library, apply this change

https://github.com/kohei-us/core/commit/ae1390947246e44a6cd3d9b8af8c46b60619a698

then build libreoffice with --with-system-orcus.  Then you should be able to simply open a parquet file and Calc should open.

If you use orcus 0.19.1 or newer, you won't need to apply this custom change at all.  If you just build orcus with --with-paquet-filter then build libreoffice with --with-system-orcus, Calc should be able to open parquet files.

As for the idea of integrating CMake into our build system, I briefly looked into it, but I won't be working on it myself. It's simply beyond my level of expertise and interest.

Best,
Kohei